Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Family Heritage Recipes


For years my four sisters and I have been editing and reediting a family cookbook. It has some recipes from our grandmothers and great grandmothers and some from even further back in our family history. Recently one of my sisters decided to put the cookbook into a family blog and invited the others in the family to join in the project. It is off to a great start:

Heritage Recipes


When I have a bit of time, I will be adding Family History Notes like we have in the printed cookbook.


The pancake recipe is one that most or all of us use from great-grandma Lucile Green Glade. (Most of us could probably make it in our sleep, and some of us may have done that a time or two!) Here it is, as originally written years ago by my mother on a recipe card.


1¼ cups flour (white or whole wheat)
1 Tb. baking powder
1 Tb. sugar
½ tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 Tb. vegetable oil

Sift dry ingredients. Add liquids. Stir until moist. Leave small lumps. Cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment